Me in 10 seconds
I'm a musician, programmer, writer, entrepreneur, and student — though not in that order.
I'm fascinated with the usable psychology of self-improvement, communication, business, philosophy, and cross-cultural relativism. I love seeing a different point of view.
Total introvert (INTJ). I thrive in solitude.
Minimalist. I prefer giving to getting.
California native. I now live in New Zealand.
Deeply happy and anti-drama, my favorite fable is 塞翁失马.
Official Bragging Bio
Originally a professional musician and circus clown, Derek Sivers created CD Baby in 1998.
It became the largest seller of independent music online, with $100M in sales for 150,000 musicians.
In 2008, Derek sold CD Baby for $22M, giving the proceeds to a charitable trust for music education.
He is a frequent speaker at the TED Conference, with over 5 million views of his talks.
In 2011, he moved to Singapore and published a book which shot to #1 on all of its Amazon categories.
His new company is Wood Egg, publishing annual guides to 16 countries in Asia.
Newest Posts all posts
Popular Posts all posts
Projects all projects and code
Photos (click for big)
Tweets all tweets
- April 18
- The power of the soundtrack: http://youtu.be/1IAXrxlDK6c Brilliant.
- April 17
- Filming strong windstorm today when the tallest tree in the neighborhood fell and crashed through 3 houses: http://vimeo.com/92206158
- April 12
- 11 new book notes added: http://sivers.org/book (click “date”, up top, to show newest)
- March 30
- Change careers like Tarzan : http://sivers.org/tarzan
- March 19
- What if you didn't need money or attention? http://sivers.org/full
- March 15
- I'm not bad at sleeping. I'm just really good at staying awake.
Keep in touch
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any reason.
I reply to all, and much prefer email over social networks.
Get on my private email list, here: