Me in 10 seconds
I'm fascinated with the usable psychology of self-improvement, business, philosophy, and intercultural relativism. I love seeing a different point of view.
Total introvert (INTJ). I thrive in solitude.
Minimalist. I prefer giving to getting.
California native. I now live in New Zealand, Singapore, and Belgium.
CURRENT UPDATE: Here's what I'm doing now.
Official Bragging Bio
Originally a professional musician and circus clown, Derek Sivers created CD Baby in 1998.
It became the largest seller of independent music online, with $100M in sales for 150,000 musicians.
In 2008, Derek sold CD Baby for $22M, giving the proceeds to a charitable trust for music education.
He is a frequent speaker at the TED Conference, with over 5 million views of his talks.
Since 2011 he has published 34 books, including “Anything You Want” which shot to #1 on all of its Amazon categories.
Newest Posts see all posts
Popular Posts see all posts
Projects see all projects
- Anything You Want
- Tales from my CD Baby experience: Entrepreneur lessons learned from starting, building, and selling CD Baby.
- Marketing Your Music
- Free e-book for musicians about promoting your music and navigating the music industry.
- Wood Egg Startup Guides
- 20 books about starting a business in Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Photos (click for big)
Tweets see all tweets
- October 2
- Relax for the same result : http://sivers.org/relax
- September 29
- Is there a course like this for hip hop? http://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/how-to-listen-to-and-understand-great-music-3rd-edition.html
- September 28
- Musicians: if you get an email "Seeking Your Music For Radio Airplay", saying they are partnered with me: No. I am not. Never heard of them.
- September 24
- Saying no to everything else: http://sivers.org/no2
- September 16
- My book “Anything You Want” is released worldwide on Portfolio/Penguin today: http://sivers.org/a (I recommend the 90-minute audiobook.)
- September 14
- Business-owners focusing on money is like car-owners focusing on their odometer number. If you think it’s the point, you should look up.
Please email me at [email protected] for any reason. I reply to all, and much prefer email over social networks.
Get on my private email list, here: