Me in 10 seconds
I'm fascinated with the usable psychology of self-improvement, business, philosophy, and intercultural relativism. I love seeing a different point of view.
Total introvert (INTJ). I thrive in solitude.
Minimalist. I prefer giving to getting.
California native. I now live in New Zealand, Singapore, and Belgium.
CURRENT UPDATE: Here's what I'm doing now.
Official Bragging Bio
Originally a professional musician and circus clown, Derek Sivers created CD Baby in 1998.
It became the largest seller of independent music online, with $100M in sales for 150,000 musicians.
In 2008, Derek sold CD Baby for $22M, giving the proceeds to a charitable trust for music education.
He is a frequent speaker at the TED Conference, with over 5 million views of his talks.
Since 2011 he has published 34 books, including “Anything You Want” which shot to #1 on all of its Amazon categories.
Newest Posts see all posts
Popular Posts see all posts
Projects see all projects
- Book Notes
- detailed notes from the last 200+ books I’ve read
- Now Now Now
- a collection of sites that have a “what I’m doing now” page
- inspiring quotes about music, translated into Español, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, Português, Русский, العربية, 日本, and 中文
- Wood Egg
- my book publishing company
- the hand-crafted Ruby code that runs this site
- Anything You Want
- Tales from my CD Baby experience: Entrepreneur lessons learned from starting, building, and selling CD Baby.
- Marketing Your Music
- Free e-book for musicians about promoting your music and navigating the music industry.
- Wood Egg Startup Guides
- 20 books about starting a business in Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Photos (click for big)
Tweets see all tweets
- November 20
- The story about nownownow.com : http://sivers.org/now3
- November 18
- Selling a company is like getting divorced, graduating college, and winning the lottery on the same day.
- November 16
- “Never tell your problems to anyone. 80% don’t care, and the other 20% are glad you have them.” - Lou Holtz, revised
- November 12
- Everyone with a /now page gets a profile: http://nownownow.com/ Click any (+) then keep browsing. So fascinating. Can't tear myself away.
- October 29
- See http://nownownow.com/ : home of the /now pages. Fun to browse. So many interesting ones.
- October 28
- If you liked my “Keep your goals to yourself” TED talk (https://youtu.be/NHopJHSlVo4), you’ll love this: https://youtu.be/V68SMFrpFt8
Please email me at [email protected] for any reason. I reply to all, and much prefer email over social networks.
Get on my private email list, here: