Currently making (in order)
- Musician book
- Re-write and re-release of this evergreen advice for musicians.
- “Unlearning” book
- Really just a compilation of my blog posts since selling my company. Unlearning has been the common thread throughout my articles since then.
- An app for people who love great phone conversations.
- “How to Live” book
- Specific directives on how to live. Variations on a theme.
- Audio, illustrations, and animation
- After editing past posts, I'll record audio for all of them. Hiring an illustrator to make a custom illustration for each, instead of the current stock photo approach I've used. Then for all the posts in the books, make a little animated video, combining my audio with illustrations.
- Translation site
- A simple login area for translators to translate my books. I was using Gengo, and recommend them highly, but I wanted to work with my own translators.
- Book thoughts
- The next stage of my book notes: breaking them down into individual ideas, just a sentence or paragraph, stored in the database with tags for easy searching and browsing. To do this, first I need to clean up all my past book notes with this in mind, so that each idea stands on its own. 220+ books and I can only get through 5-10 per day. This will be inside my site for connections only, not public, since there will be a little database load for using it, and I want to make it a reward for those who have introduced themselves.
- Instead of calling them “friends”, let's say “connections”. People who have emailed me and introduced themselves. People I've communicated with. I've got everyone in a private back-end database, so I can make an online invitation-only site for my connections to meet my other connections. Browse/search by location, talents, help-wanted, help-offered, etc. This will stay private and non-commercial. Just a free service for my connections.
- the hand-crafted Ruby code that runs this site
- Now Now Now
- list and profiles of people who have a /now page
- inspiring quotes about music, translated into Español, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, Português, Русский, العربية, 日本語, and 中文
- Book Notes
- detailed notes from the last 200+ books I’ve read
- Wood Egg
- my book publishing company
Maybe some day
- remote assistants do your dirty work
- open-source non-commercial song contest
- someone witty tweets for you, as you
- My PostgreSQL database is getting smarter.
- All the code for my database-driven sites.
- PostgreSQL experiments
- The README describes my approach.
Programmers and techies, see /code page.