Your website can be your best tool, if you make it a two-way communication with your fans and potential fans.
Your website should get people involved, make them want to introduce themselves, ask questions, shout out.
- Get their email address! Interact! Make an easy fill-out form. (hint: try a fun question like “who are you?” or “do you know your own name?”)
- Encourage them to buy your music, come to a show, or support you in crowdfunding. It’s a great way to start a relationship.
- Show what’s unique about you. Image, quirks, colors, moods.
- Make the audio player easy to find. Get them listening as soon as possible.
- Answer the obvious questions that first-time visitors have: who are you, what do you look like, what do you sound like.
- Acknowledge them! Have their pictures on your site. Answer their questions on your site. Show them they are a part of your life.
And make sure you have your own domain name.