6 things I wish I knew the day I started Berklee. Lessons apply to other aspects of life, too.
My old school - Berklee College of Music - asked me to speak to a packed auditorium of first-day students. I was thrilled. I had so much to say. I had thought about this a lot. I had been waiting 20 years to give this talk.
The 6 things:
- Focus. Disconnect. Do not be distracted.
- Do not accept their speed limit.
- Nobody will teach you anything. You have to teach yourself.
- Learn from your heroes, not only theirs.
- Don't get stuck in the past.
- When done, be valuable.
Read the full transcript here.