Me in 10 seconds
I'm fascinated with the usable psychology of self-improvement, business, philosophy, and intercultural relativism. I love seeing a different point of view.
Total introvert (INTJ). I thrive in solitude.
Minimalist. I prefer giving to getting.
California native. I now live in New Zealand, Singapore, and Belgium.
CURRENT UPDATE: Here's what I'm doing now.
Official Bragging Bio
Originally a professional musician and circus clown, Derek Sivers created CD Baby in 1998.
It became the largest seller of independent music online, with $100M in sales for 150,000 musicians.
In 2008, Derek sold CD Baby for $22M, giving the proceeds to a charitable trust for music education.
He is a frequent speaker at the TED Conference, with over 5 million views of his talks.
Since 2011 he has published 34 books, including “Anything You Want” which shot to #1 on all of its Amazon categories.
Newest Posts see all posts
Popular Posts see all posts
Projects see all projects
- Anything You Want
- Tales from my CD Baby experience: Entrepreneur lessons learned from starting, building, and selling CD Baby.
- Marketing Your Music
- Free e-book for musicians about promoting your music and navigating the music industry.
- Wood Egg Startup Guides
- 20 books about starting a business in Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Photos (click for big)
Tweets see all tweets
- July 28
- “The happiest of all lives is a busy solitude.” — Voltaire
- June 30
- I sponsored the OpenBSD port of Elixir 1.0.5 & Erlang 18: http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/lang/elixir/
- June 24
- Must-read: “Easy vs Hard”: http://www.sandpapersuit.com/2012/11/easy-vs-hard.html
- May 29
- Attention New Zealand: http://tedxwellington.com/blog/2015/05/25/tedxwellington-2015-date-announcement-call-for-speakers-performers/ Looking for interesting ideas, no matter who from. Please sign up soon. I'm curating & coaching.
- May 8
- 3 new book notes: http://sivers.org/book (sort by date to see newest or rating to see best)
- May 5
- When I write a tech blog post it feels like: ME: “I like doing this.” WORLD: “No! Idiot! You’re wrong! I don’t like doing that!” ☺
Please email me at email@example.com for any reason. I reply to all, and much prefer email over social networks.
Get on my private email list, here: