Yes my site is plain on purpose. It’s my minimalist desire for only what’s needed.
Me in 10 seconds
California native, I now live in Oxford, England.
Me in 10 minutes?
See my “about” page.
What am I doing now?
See my “now” page.
- Anything You Want (2011)
- 40 lessons for a new kind of entrepreneur: my tales of starting, building, and selling CD Baby
- Your Music and People (2019)
- a philosophy for musicians (and normal people) of getting your work to the world by being creative, considerate, resourceful, descriptive, focused, and connected
- Hell Yeah or No (2019)
- a collection of thoughts around re-defining yourself, changing focus, and saying yes to less
- How to Live (2019)
- radically different approaches to life, in succinct directives
Newest Articles see all
Popular Articles see all
My private email list
If you want the announcements and opportunities that I never post publicly, get on my private email list, here:
Projects see all projects
Through 2015, I got personal and poured my heart into 40 hours of interviews.
Each one has an MP3 you can download, or a transcript if you prefer to read.
Photos (click for big)
Tweets see all tweets
- July 31
- My old clothes don’t fit : https://sivers.org/clothes
- July 18
- Hearing Arvo Pärt “Für Alina” for the first time and loving it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%BCr_Alina (Took 2+ listens to slow down my inner clock and appreciate.) Thanks to https://joellaviolette.com/ for the tip.
- July 1
- I’ve answered 811 emails in the last 5 days. This might be unsustainable.
- July 1
- doors and windows and what’s real : https://sivers.org/dw
- June 25
- I’ve often been with someone and wished I was alone. I’ve never been alone and wished I was not.
- June 25
- Instead of many hours nudging things with a mouse in Pro Tools or Cubase, I wrote a little Ruby script to use sox to programmatically generate it. So much better: https://gist.github.com/sivers/b900bf4004e148b32a5ddf3fffbe3a1c
(micro.blog/sivers is a nice mirror of my posts.)