It seems I'm a ridiculous walking stereotype of an entrepreneur. The Wikipedia page about entrepreneurship says entrepreneurs are...
- mercurial, that is, prone to insights, brainstorms, deceptions, ingeniousness and resourcefulness. cunning, opportunistic, creative, and unsentimental
- extremely optimistic in their decision-making processes
- prone to overconfidence and over generalisations
- tough, pragmatic people driven by needs of independence and achievement. They seldom are willing to submit to authority.
- primarily motivated by an overwhelming need for achievement and strong urge to build
Like one of those astrology or cultural moments where some generalization actually describes you exactly, I've realized I'm a type. A total stereotype. Oh well.
Oh and just to rub it in, I was born in Silicon Valley, California. Sheesh.